Apartments, the owner and provider of this Website. Glasgow Self Catering Apartments takes the
Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
can be found at:
Definitions and interpretation
we or us
UK and EU
collectively all information that you submit to Glasgow Self Catering Apartments
via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions
provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain
parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details
of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not
limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and
any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long
as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Glasgow Self Catering Apartments of 17 Kirkview Crescent, Newton Mearns,
glasgow, EastRenfrewshire, G77 5DB;
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as
amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)
(Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by
Glasgow Self Catering Apartments and acting in the course of their employment or
(ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Glasgow Self
Catering Apartments and accessing the Website in connection with the provision
of such services; and
the website that you are currently using,
www.glasgowselfcateringapartments.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless
expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses,
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed
from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Glasgow Self Catering Apartments is the
“data controller”. This means that Glasgow Self Catering Apartments determines the purposes
for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Glasgow Self Catering Apartments will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This
information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and
includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the
Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on
your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website,
see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you
with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may
be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or
mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our
legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain
circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an
opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously
engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular
product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in”
consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is,
you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example,
checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw
consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed
“Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this
processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your
request, to enter into such a contract.
- We may use your Data to show you Glasgow Self Catering Apartments adverts and other
content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Glasgow Self
Catering Apartments adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant
cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- relevant authorities – to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- We are certified to PCI DSS. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data
breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us
know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and
your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online
problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM
Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data
until you request that the Data be deleted.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at
any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you
with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless
your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to
do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or
limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for
our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the
processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please
contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled
by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For
the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be
found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us
informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
- This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over
statement of other websites prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
- Glasgow Self Catering Apartments may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and
this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Glasgow Self Catering
Apartments. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so
transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party
which it was originally supplied to us.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Glasgow Self Catering
range of products and services. Glasgow Self Catering Apartments has carefully chosen these
Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message
bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of
Cookies, you are enabling Glasgow Self Catering Apartments to provide a better experience
and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however
certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our
website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to
log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or
make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and
to see how visitors move around our website when they are
using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works,
for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are
looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by
name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice
of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you
have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this
information to make our website and the advertising displayed
on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this
information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most
internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult
the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that
enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to,
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you
consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are
unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to
aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the
extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or
remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and
Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the English and Welsh courts.
deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be
immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the
You may contact Glasgow Self Catering Apartments by email at email@example.com.
19 September 2018